The tip when hiring a company that specializes in residential electrical design is to look for brands that have years of experience in providing such services.
Also, full companies that perform other types of services tend to be more reliable. For example, if in addition to residential electrical projects the company offers other services such as hydraulic projects, it is a sign that the company is large and professional as it operates in different aspects. For the Energy Outlet Houston this is the finest option now.
- Finally, a useful tip is to opt for companies that offer quality content such as relevant information, blogs, etc.
- Electricity should no longer be discussed in 2019 as an option but as a legal obligation. Our discussion at this point would be about its quality and its implementation.
The Electrical Project
The electrical project, even if simply small, is indispensable to document the installation being built, to avoid abuse and disloyalty between companies, to hold the authorities that allow the connection to RESP responsible and to ensure the safety of its users.
- Nothing justifies the waiver of the electrical installation project. We all gain in safety and economy and above all it allows us to have information on what is to be kept safe.
- In short, the electrical project should be a mandatory document, indispensable in the characterization of the building, where the design and complementary actors are identified, facilitating maintenance and safety.
- Even more urgent is the need to inspect Electrical Installations to identify the serious safety deficiencies of people, starting from the oldest to the newest.
As you know, the mere existence of electrical design in the building permit is not a sufficient condition to ensure that the installation is performed correctly and safe to be connected.
Grounding is an essential element in the electrical power system. Why?
Electrical grounding consists of an element or set of elements, conductors of electricity, buried in the ground and capable of dispersing undesirable electrical currents. It has three fundamental functions:
- Protect the equipment user from lightning by enabling (quality) an alternative lightning path to earth.
- Discharge static charges accumulated on machine or equipment housings to earth.
- Facilitate the operation of protective devices, such as fuses and circuit breakers, by diverting current to earth.
Therefore, we highlight here the importance of grounding for safety in homes and establishments.
The grounding project is made by the professional, according to the need of the electrical system involved, as well as the region and costs. Therefore, it can vary widely, from a grounded rod to grounded wires or cables, forming various configurations.
Remember that the most important in a grounding system is the arrangement, and must connect all the grounding electrodes, the SPDA (lightning conductor), the metal installations, the masses and the electrical power and signal systems. This interconnection leaves the entire plant at the same potential, thereby preventing current leakage, which occurs due to the potential difference.
Implications of a bad grounding
- In the case of personal computers and digital equipment, irregular operation with constant “crashes”.
- Intermittent failures that do not follow a pattern.
- Burning of ICs or electronic boards for no apparent reason, even if they are new and reliable.
- For equipment with video monitors, image interference and ripple may occur.
Poor or improper grounding can have implications not only for safety aspects, such as electric shocks to users upon contact.